Because you love cupcakes, and cupcakes love you...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunflower Sugar Cookies!

So these I made a test/trial run for a friends wedding coming up in September! She asked me if I would mimnd making her and her fiance's favors and of course I said yes! What an honor! So I wanted to do a test run and make a whole bunch of different varieties for them to choose from! Right now I only have 3 pictures of the one that I will be making for their wedding, the rest will be posted later on when I get them uploaded on my computer! The pictures below are of the ones that most resembled a sunflower and also were pretty easy to make! Making all of these sugar cookies and decorating them took me 2 days. The royal icing was cool to work with and like anything else, I made my mistakes too! when I made the royal icing, I followed the directions to a tee! And I got the point where the recipe said that it would form thick glossy peaks and I stopped to read on. I read that I needed to add more water to get the icing more runny so that I could flood the cookies after I outlined them...in this whole process I forgot that I would need thicker icing to do an outline and also really needed a bag of the thick glossy peaks to make the leaf shapes on the cookies that were chosen for the wedding! And of course I had also run out of icing sugar so when I need to thicken the icing for the leafs I had to wait until the next day! Oh well. Lesson learned! And at least when I made the big batch, I don't have to go any further past the thick glossy peaks part!! Woo! So here's the 3 pictures I have for now and I'll post more later!



No comments:

Post a Comment