Because you love cupcakes, and cupcakes love you...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monarchs

These are the 3rd set of cupcakes I have made called Monarchs! I think these are part of the reason I bought the books because they looked amazing and so realistic..for a book of course! I made these in April for Matt's mom's birthday. This was definitely a learning experience! I had to be super quick when outlining the butterfly wings and then flooding the inside with color! And after I had flooded it, I still had to be really fast to use the toothpick to drag the brown into the orange!! The icing dried very quick so the first few I made were not keepers!! Once I got the hang of it though they started to turn out ok! I forgot to add the white nonpareils though around the tops of the wings but that's just something I'll make sure I remember next time I make them which I definitely plan to do!! These were very fun to make and one of my favorites so far!





No comments:

Post a Comment