Because you love cupcakes, and cupcakes love you...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wilton Basic Decorating Classes

So for the month of August every Wednesday I took a 2 hour long Decorating Basics class at Michael's. Unfortunately, I already had a general idea of how to do most of the things we were doing in the classes, however, it was mandatory to take this class before I could take any of the other classes that Michael's offers. The one I really wanted to take was the Gum Paste and Fondant Course! I haven't used gum paste yet and I am anxious to learn and get tips! I have little experience with fondant so I defintely want to learn more as well! Especially techniques for rolling the fondant because I find that to be somewhat annoying. Back to Decorating Basics, I actually learned quite a few things from this class so it was definitely worth it for me! I learned how to do several different kinds of flowers; roses, shaggy mums, drop flowers, the shell shape etc! Pretty cool! The very last class which was last night, we got to decorate our cakes and I tried to use each flower that we learned throughout the course...thus making my cake not so pretty which is why I will not post any pictures haha but for me it was just more practice for the flowers.

So I signed up for the Gum Paste and Fondant Course and it starts next Wednesday! I am very excited and I will try to take pictures of everything that I make (since this time around everything I make will be coming home with me unlike the Basics Course where everything got scooped back into the containers!).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment